Sunday Hospitality Teams
The Hospitality Team offers a cheery hello as people enter the buildings, answers questions, helps you find what you need or where you need to go (like the nursery or the Godly Play room for your kids), assists with seating and special needs, and other housekeeping tasks. Serve one service per month or as needed. Click or tap the image below to sign up to serve.
Hospitality & Worship Ministry
- The Multimedia Team runs the slide show and occasional video clips during worship and special events.
- The Camera Team records and broadcasts the service for our online community.
- The Sound Team, with training, runs the sound board for worship and special events.
- The Livestream Team serves as hosts for online worship: welcoming viewers in the chat, posting links to the website in the chat feed as they’re mentioned verbally, tracking online viewers and reporting attendance, and connecting with viewers.
- The Communion Team helps prepare, serve, and clean up after Holy Communion.
- The Set Up / Tear Down Team at Warehouse 839 occasionally sets up the worship space for worship and special events.
- Chancel Choir: For adults and high school youth (grades 9-12). Rehearses Wednesdays, 7:30-8:30pm (school year), in the Sanctuary. Sings weekly in worship; occasionally presents a special cantata and/or participates in a special choral event. Contact Dr. Laura Kitchel, Traditional Music Director.
- Warehouse 839 Band: Provides music and song leadership for worship. Rehearses Thursdays, 7-8:30pm, WH worship space. Contact Sharon Udoh, Band Leader.
Committees and Ministry Teams
- Nominations/Lay Leadership Committee
- Finance Team
- Trustees (Building) Committee
- Staff/Pastor Parish Relations Committee (Personnel)
- Church Council
- Children’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Adult Discipleship
- Permanent Endowment Committee
Children’s And Youth Ministry
After completing the required Safe Sanctuaries training class and successfully passing a background check, serve in our Children’s and Youth Ministry:
- Teach or assist with Godly Play (Sunday morning children’s ministry) or Middle/High School Sunday small groups
- Lead a Crew or serve with drama, games, snacks, crafts, or music at Vacation Bible School
- Help with special events
- Lead or assist with a youth small group (Discipleship Group)
- Be a Sunday night youth group leader
- Attend or help lead a youth event
Contact Lindsay Robinson, Director of Children’s Ministry, for information about how to serve in Children’s Ministry: firstname.lastname@example.org, 614.876.2403 (church office).
Contact April Andrick, Director of Youth Ministry, for information about how to serve in Youth Ministry: email@example.com, 614.876.2403 (church office).
- Send cards of encouragement and prayer support to the congregation.
- Donate food for meals at church after funerals, and/or help set up or clean up.
- Knit/crochet prayer shawls; sew quilts.
- Receptionists answer phones, receive visitors, and assist with preparation of worship folders
- The Mailing Team processes congregational mailings.
Help maintain church computer procedures, software, and equipment.