Hilliard UMC serves others and builds community…
Be the church: All are encouraged to serve within the walls of the church in some way or another, based on your areas of giftedness and ministry passion.
To serve in any of these areas, contact the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 614.876.2403) unless otherwise noted.
Hospitality & Worship Ministry
Several ministries focus on welcoming guests and regular attendees to Sunday worship services.
- The Hospitality Team offers a cheery “hello” as people enter the buildings, provides worship folders, assists with seating and special needs, collects offerings and tithes, and staffs the information/connection tables.
- The Multimedia Team prepares slides and runs the slide show and occasional video clips during worship and special events.
- The Sound Team runs the sound board for worship and special events.
- The Communion Team helps prepare, serve, and clean up after Holy Communion (celebrated once a month at each building, usually the first Sunday of each month).
- The Set Up / Tear Down Team at Warehouse 839 occasionally sets up the worship space for worship and special events.
Contact a pastor for more information on serving in hospitality and worship ministry.
Committees and Ministry Teams
Contact a pastor or a member of the Nominations Committee to get information about serving on a church committee (such as Finance, Trustees, Staff/Pastor Parish Relations, Church Council) or a ministry team (such as the Children’s Ministry or Youth Ministry Teams) (among several others). For a full list of current church committees, ministry teams, and leaders, click here.
Worship & Music Ministry
Sing in the Chancel Choir! Sing or play with the Worship Band! Join a children’s or youth choir! Share God’s love through the puppet ministry! Click here for details.
Children’s and Youth Ministry
After completing the required Safe Sanctuaries training class and successfully passing a background check, serve in our Children’s and Youth Ministry:
- Teach or assist with Godly Play (Sunday morning children’s ministry) or Middle/High School Sunday small groups
- Lead a Crew or serve with drama, games, snacks, crafts, or music at Vacation Bible School
- Help with special events
- Lead or assist with a youth small group (Discipleship Group)
- Be a Sunday night youth group leader
- Attend or help lead a youth event
Contact Lindsay Robinson, Director of Children’s Ministry, for information about how to serve in Children’s Ministry: email@example.com, 614.876.2403 (church office).
Contact April Andrick, Director of Youth Ministry, for information about how to serve in Youth Ministry: firstname.lastname@example.org, 614.876.2403 (church office).
- Co-facilitate a class for adults, or learn how by trying it out first.
- Grab 3-5 friends and form a small group in your home (or at church), to share your self-reflections on your life with God (we’ll equip you!).
- Serve behind the scenes doing data tracking, publicity, etc.
Contact Beth Palmer, Director of Adult Discipleship, for information about how to serve: email@example.com, 614.876.2403 (church office).
- Serve as a Care Partner: Pray, be available to, contact regularly (monthly), and encourage one other person or family in the church in need of intentional Christian care and friendship.
- Sing Christmas carols to our homebound members.
- Send cards of encouragement and prayer support to the congregation.
- Donate food for meals at church after funerals, and/or help set up or clean up.
- Knit/crochet prayer shawls; sew quilts.
Contact a pastor to serve: 614.876.2403 (church office).
- Receptionists answer phones, receive visitors, and assist with preparation of worship folders
- The Mailing Team processes congregational mailings.
Contact Jess Lippoli, Administrative Assistant, to serve in this way: firstname.lastname@example.org, 614.876.2403 (church office).
Help maintain church computer procedures, software, and equipment. Contact Hulda Moffitt, Membership Secretary, to serve in this way: email@example.com, 614.876.2403 (church office).
Serve others by donating your gently-used wheelchair, crutches, cane, potty chair, walker, etc., for use by members of our church family when they have need. Contact the church office: 614.876.2403.