Which Path Will You Take?
Make Friends, Connect at Church, Grow in your Faith…
When we return to groups and classes meeting at church, free childcare is almost always provided during your class (see bottom of page for details).
Staff contact: Beth Palmer, Director of Adult Discipleship (email@example.com, 614.876.2403 [church office]).
Look here for our ongoing Enneagram classes, along with resources for finding your type. Coming up soon:
- Intro to the 9 Enneagram Types, Sunday, September 12, 1-4pm, in person at church.
New! Women’s Retreat: A Deeper Place to Stand
We invite all women of HUMC (and beyond) to take some time apart, some time for yourself, just for a Saturday morning, to rest, reset, and refocus…
Pastor April will lead us in some prayer and centering practices to help us thrive in chaotic times. There will be time for prayer, solitude, small group conversations, journal writing, and creative activity. Participate in what feels good for your soul, opt out of what doesn’t. We’ll keep an easy pace, with lots of room to just breathe and relax.
- Saturday, August 7, 9am-12noon.
- Location: IN PERSON, at church (social hall & sanctuary). We’ll also provide all the materials and videos for the retreat on our website, so you can participate on your own at home, at your own pace. Stay tuned to this space for details.
- Facilitated by Pastor April Blaine. Logistics and other elements coordinated by Lynn Weatherby and Beth Palmer (reach out to Beth if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Suggested donation $25 (to help cover retreat materials and media staff). You may contribute online HERE, or mail your check to the church, or bring it on August 7; please mark your contribution for “women’s retreat.”
Prayer at the Park
Enjoy some time in nature, and pray while you walk, following various prayer prompts provided by Jason Hudson.
- Last Wednesday of the month, June to September (June 30, July 28, August 25, September 29).
- 6:30-7:30pm at Prairie Oaks Metro Park. Use the Darby Bend Lakes entrance (2755 Amity Rd); park in the 3rd lot (restroom parking lot), meet by the bridge a short way along the path from that parking lot.
- Facilitator: Jason Hudson.
- Sign up, or just show up!
New! 2nd Monday Men’s Group
ATTENTION MEN! Join Pastor Jon for a no-commitment, no-agenda time of just being together in the shared presence of the Holy Spirit to fellowship, to share, to grow in faith, and to UNLEARN TOGETHER. Let’s gather and share what these fifteen months have been like, and together let’s encourage one another.
- Second Monday of the Month starting July 12, 7pm, in the Warehouse 839 worship space.
- Facilitated by Pastor Jon Osmundson.
Labyrinth Prayer Walks
A labyrinth is a simple circular path that guides silent prayer — praying while walking is a great way to bring stillness to your mind and heart. Ginny Fisher and Beth Palmer (staff) will facilitate, and we’ll teach those who are new to this wonderful practice. Otherwise the time is yours to connect with God.
Join us at different outdoor prayer labyrinths this summer:
- NEW! Wednesday, August 11, 7-8pm, Cosgray Rd Labyrinth, near 6256 Sedge Lane. Take Cosgray Rd north from Scioto Darby and turn left on Parkmeadow Lane. Park near the grassy area on the south side of the road. Walk across the grass to the gravel path, which leads directly to the labyrinth (marked with red star on map below). It’s in full sun, so bring a hat or an umbrella!
- Saturday, August 28, 10-11am, labyrinth TBA.
- Sign up below or just show up. Bring the whole family; all ages welcome!
Stories for the Soul
Stand-alone Class on Zoom
The stories of the Bible can do wonders for our spirits and give us hope in these challenging times. We invite you to join us for an hour on Zoom for Stories for the Soul, to hear a Bible story and then talk about it with others in simple conversation. No Bible knowledge or experience required!
There will be time for discussion as well as an opportunity to create something in response (pray, draw, write something… up to you, with zero pressure to share with the group).
- Next date TBD, stay tuned. (Go to zoom.us, click on Join a Meeting, and enter the Meeting ID.) Please make sure your screen name is recognizable so we let you in from the waiting room.
- Facilitated by Lindsay Robinson and Beth Palmer (both staff).
- Sign up using the link below, or just show up!
- Bring a notebook or journal and/or any of these response materials, as you choose: pen, paper, art supplies.
Contemplative Prayer Group
Usually 1st & 3rd Sundays on zoom, 6:30-8pm
Earlene Sanborn leads a Bible study (they’re currently working their way through the Gospel of John) and some discussion, and then the group does 20 minutes of silent Centering Prayer together. All welcome; come when you can.
Contact Earlene for the Zoom information and to confirm the schedule, which occasionally changes (cell 614 578 8816; okay to text or call).
Ongoing Groups: Newcomers Always Welcome
Other Ongoing Groups for Adults are on THIS page…
When we’re back in the buildings (after COVID-19): Childcare (free) for children up to age 11 is usually available for all classes as a gift to you from the church. Take your child(ren) to the Sanctuary building nursery on the main floor or the Warehouse 839 nursery, behind the stage, where they will be met with a smile by trained, paid staff who have completed all the requirements outlined in our Safe Sanctuaries Policy (including a background check).
We don’t want the cost of books or class materials to get in the way of you taking a class, so sign up whether you have book money or not. It’s on us, happily! If you’d like to contribute a few extra dollars toward a book or class materials for someone who doesn’t have book money this time, that’d be great, thank you! Class facilitators will collect book money at class or you can give online HERE (use the “Adult Disciple Class/Book” category). (There are one or two exceptions to this.)