Starting to get it, God’s great, unconditional love for you?
Ready to learn more about God?
Beginning to grow in your relationship with Jesus?
Try some of these ideas, as God leads you…
- Take one step toward living into the membership covenant:
- pray daily / worship weekly
- be part of a small group / take a class at church
- serve within the walls of the church
- serve beyond the walls of the church
- give proportionately of your income, working toward a tithe (10%) and beyond
For example, make the extra effort to come to worship every Sunday or to spend some time with God in prayer every day. Or try another service opportunity. Or give financially to support the ministries and mission of Hilliard UMC.
- Start using a daily devotional guide, such as The Upper Room. There are print copies available in both The Sanctuary and Warehouse 839, or you can subscribe to the email version here.
- Attend a church event beyond Sunday morning, such as a church-wide social event.
- Attend the New Member Orientation class (no pressure to join) – a great way to learn about Hilliard UMC.
- Take one of the four foundational classes, to meet some people and make some connections.
- Participate in a Walk to Emmaus weekend, a 72-hour experience in basic Christianity. Sponsored by the United Methodist Church, this weekend retreat is offered several times a year at three central Ohio locations. Here’s a link to the Marysville Emmaus community.
- Jesus tells us that he will make his home in our hearts if we ask him (John 14:20, 23). Invite Jesus into your heart. Ask for God’s help to do this. Talk with a pastor about it, if you want.
Questions? Want to talk?
Contact Beth Palmer, Director of Adult Spiritual Formation, email@example.com, 614.876.2403 (church office).