Join our Reconciling Ministry Discernment Team for an online Google doc discussion and an evening of live discussion on Justin Lee’s book, Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays vs. Christians Debate.
In his book, Lee shares the events — his coming out to his parents, his experiences with the “ex-gay” movement, and his in-depth study of the Bible — that led him, eventually, to self-acceptance. In addition, Torn provides insightful, practical guidance for all committed Christians who wonder how to relate to gay friends or family members, or who struggle with their own sexuality. Convinced that “in a culture that sees gays and Christians as enemies, gay Christians are in a unique position to bring peace,” Lee demonstrates that people of faith on both sides of the debate can respect, learn from, and love one another.
- Online Google doc component: Check out the Questions to Consider for each chapter on our class Google document, HERE. Post your own reflections and questions right on the Google doc throughout the month of June as you’re reading.
- Zoom live discussion component: Join us on Zoom for live discussion of the whole book, Monday, June 29, 6pm. All are welcome to join the Zoom discussion even if you haven’t read the book. You’ll receive the Zoom link once you sign up.
- Facilitator: Jane Dewire.
- Cost: Get your own copy of the book here: Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays vs. Christians Debate.
- SIGN UP HERE, or contact Beth Palmer (email@example.com).