Hilliard UMC serves others and builds community…
Be the church: All are encouraged to serve within the walls of the church in some way or another, based on your areas of giftedness and ministry passion.
To serve in any of these areas, contact the church office (614.876.2403) unless otherwise noted.
Hospitality & Worship Ministry
Several ministries focus on welcoming guests and regular attendees to Sunday worship services.
- Greeters offer a cheery “hello” as people enter the buildings.
- Ushers provide worship folders, assist with seating and special needs, and collect offerings and tithes.
- Hospitality Team members staff the information/connection tables.
- The Multimedia Team prepares slides and runs the slide show and occasional video clips during worship and special events.
- The Sound Team runs the sound board for worship and special events.
- The Communion Team helps prepare, serve, and clean up after Holy Communion (celebrated once a month at each worship site, usually the first Sunday of each month).
- The Warehouse 839 Worship Arts Team helps plan Sunday worship and special events.
- The Set Up / Tear Down Team at Warehouse 839 occasionally sets up the worship space for worship and special events.
Contact a pastor for more information on serving in worship ministry.
Contact Pam Stone (The Sanctuary) or Dwight Moore (Warehouse 839) for more information on serving with the hospitality ministry.
Worship & Music Ministry
Sing in the Chancel Choir, Praise & Worship Team, or Warehouse Band! Join a children’s or youth choir! Share God’s love through the puppet ministry! Click here for details.
Children’s and Youth Ministry
After completing the required Safe Sanctuaries training class and successfully passing a background check, serve in our Children’s and Youth Ministry:
- Teach or assist with KidJAM (Jesus and Me Children’s Sunday small groups) or Middle/High School Sunday small groups
- Lead a Crew or serve with drama, games, snacks, crafts, or music at Vacation Bible School
- Help with the Advent/Christmas Family Craft-Making Festival, the Egg-Stravaganza Easter event, or other special events
- Lead or assist with a Youth small group (Discipleship Group)
- Be a Sunday night youth group leader
- Attend or help lead a youth event.
Contact Mary Torok, Director of Children’s Ministry, for information about how to serve in Children’s Ministry: email@example.com, 614.876.2403 (church office).
Contact April Andrick, Director of Youth Ministry, for information about how to serve in Youth Ministry: firstname.lastname@example.org, 614.876.2403.
Adult Spiritual Formation
- Co-facilitate a class for adults, or learn how by apprenticing first.
- Grab 3-5 friends and facilitate a small group in your home, at church, or at a local restaurant.
- Serve behind the scenes doing data tracking, publicity, etc.
Contact Beth Palmer, Director of Adult Spiritual Formation, for information about how to serve: email@example.com, 614.876.2403 (church office).
- Serve as a Care Partner: Pray, be available to, contact regularly (monthly), and encourage one other person or family in the church in need of intentional Christian care and friendship.
- Sing Christmas carols to our homebound members.
- Send cards of encouragement and prayer support to the congregation.
- Donate food for meals at church after funerals, and/or help set up or clean up.
- Knit/crochet prayer shawls; sew quilts.
Contact a pastor or a member of the Caring Ministries Team to serve: 614.876.2403 (church office).
- Receptionists answer phones, receive visitors, and assist with preparation of worship folders
- The Mailing Team processes congregational mailings.
Contact the church office to serve in this way: 614.876.2403.
Help maintain church computer procedures, software, and equipment. Contact Hulda Moffitt, membership secretary, to serve in this way: 614.876.2403 (church office).
Serve others by donating your gently-used wheelchair, crutches, cane, potty chair, walker, etc., for use by members of our church family when they have need. Contact the church office: 614.876.2403.