Hilliard UMC — a vibrant, growing, suburban congregation in the heart of Hilliard — has an immediate opening for the position of Traditional Music Director.
We are looking for a leader, passionate about the ways that sacred music from a variety of styles and traditions can draw the congregation into meaningful worship, help them grow as disciples of Jesus Christ, and communicate the beautiful truth that “God Loves You No Matter What!”
Successful applicants will be growing as disciples of Jesus themselves and will have significant experience leading vocal music and empowering the musical gifts and talents of a diverse community. Primary duties will include:
- direction of our chancel choir
- arranging for special music
- encouraging congregational singing
- collaborating with other music staff to plan our blended worship service
- recruiting new musicians to share their gifts
- creating opportunities for spiritual formation through engagement with our music ministry, and
- arranging for annual cantatas or other special musical events.
This is a part-time position at 20 hrs/week. Full job description HERE.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 11.