Cub Scout Pack 148 and Hilliard UMC are excited to team up to create this dynamic 5-week class for children in grades K-5 and their parents/grownups to explore and experience Christian faith together.
All sessions will be led by scout and church leaders together.
All participants receive a certificate and pin. Scouts also receive the Religious Knot Badge.
Meets 5 Sundays, January 12 – February 19, 2020 (skip Feb 2), 6-7:30pm in the Sanctuary building.
Cost: $25 for scouts, $20 for non-scouts
Space is limited to 60 children and their parents.
- Week 1, The Creation Story: Children will learn that they are created in the image of God and that God said that they are good.
- Week 2, The Ten Commandments: God has given us guidelines to show us how it is best to live.
- Week 3, The Advent/Christmas Story: The heart of the story of God’s love comes in the story of Jesus, both human and God, who came to be with us and reveal God’s love.
- Week 4, The Story of Samuel and the Practice of Prayer: God has always communicated with us, and we can talk to God.
- Week 5, The Story of the Good Shepherd and the saving love of a God who will always come to find us when we lose our way: God’s desire is that none of us would ever be lost. We will share communion this final week.