Been attending church for awhile?
Feel closer to Christ?
Wondering how to move toward fully surrendering your life to God?
Try some of these ideas, as God leads you…
- Take another step toward living into the membership covenant:
- pray daily / worship weekly
- be part of a small group / take a class at church
- serve within the walls of the church
- serve beyond the walls of the church
- give proportionately of your income, working toward a tithe (10%) and beyond
For example, make daily quiet time with God a priority; carve out the time for solitude and silence. Try another serving opportunity. Increase your financial giving to the church as a spiritual practice, working toward tithing (giving 10% of your income) and beyond.
- Join the church and commit to growing toward living fully into the membership covenant.
- Join a ministry team or a mission outreach effort to regularly serve within or beyond the walls of the church according to your areas of giftedness. Ideas:
- Serve on the hospitality team; welcome people as they come to church for worship.
- Share your gifts on the multimedia or sound teams.
- Join the chancel choir, praise & worship team, or the Warehouse 839 band.
- Serve on one of the church’s administrative committees, such as Finance or Trustees.
- Distribute school supplies, Thanksgiving meals, or Christmas presents when those church-wide outreach events roll around (annual).
- Take more adult spiritual formation classes. Try another foundational class, or take Disciple I, a year-long study of the Bible. Join a Sunday school class.
- Join a small group Bible study that meets at least twice a month, where the focus is on having personal spiritual conversations.
- Learn more about other spiritual practices you could try, to deepen your relationship with God.
- Deepen your daily prayer time by writing your thoughts and reflections on the Bible passages you’re reading.
Questions? Want to talk?
Contact Beth Palmer, Director of Adult Spiritual Formation, firstname.lastname@example.org, 614.876.2403 (church office).